Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: aquabats show in buffalo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:55 am 
New Kid

the aquabats will be playing at the buffalo icon on july 4th with the epoxies and the phenomonuats.
yes you can buy tickets at the door.

http://www.thebuffaloicon.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:59 am 
Show Regular

I can't wait. I'm making a weekend outta RBF in Rochester, RBF in Buffalo, and then catching the Aquabats before I head home for a July 4th BBQ. I'm glad it's an afternoon show.

Post subject: Re: aquabats show in buffalo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:59 am 
Syracuse Ska

Emilythefairy wrote:
the aquabats will be playing at the buffalo icon on july 4th with the epoxies and the phenomonuats.
yes you can buy tickets at the door.

http://www.thebuffaloicon.com/

Do you have any connection to that show or The Aquabats?

Even though numerous bookings for them have been announced over the years, they've never actually played in Syracuse to my knowledge. Nor have I ever managed to see them. :cry:

It'd be nice to finally get them in Syracuse some day!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:57 pm 
Ska Queen

How much are the tickets?

Yeah dude. I'm going to see RBF in Rochester, then Moody Blues the next day at the Saratoga Performing Arts center, and now I can go see Aquabats the day after! Yay!

Boy, I love concerts.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:09 pm 
Show Regular

The Epoxies are amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:36 pm 
Checkered Demon

The Aquabats are my favorite band. I think I'll be seeing them twice. Once in Buffalo...once in Albany. If any of you are there (it's in a while but...yeah) and see a kid with a green hooded rashguard on...it's me! I'm pretty sure I'll be the only person wearing one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:26 pm 
New Kid

hah, i wish i had connections then maybe we could get more syracuse shows..
i was just looking up shows randomly and there they were on the buffalo icon website..they changed places when they were at that skating place last summer..tickets at the door are 14 and 12 if you order ahead.

i REALLY want to go to rbf but i just cant afford it with gas being so high...but i do hopefully plan on going to streetlight manifesto next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:41 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Emilythefairy wrote:
i REALLY want to go to rbf but i just cant afford it with gas being so high...but i do hopefully plan on going to streetlight manifesto next week.

Well, at least RBF passes through our area pretty frequently. So, you know you'll see them sometime later this year. I've only seen them once, at Ska Summit in Las Vegas. I actually liked them there (which I didn't expect), but not enough yet to go out of my way for them -- no offense to all the big RBF fans here ...

I've never seen the Aquabats, but they're quite legendary and just the overall concept alone is hilarious. Do they still play old songs like "Superad"? Man, that was one of my fave songs for awhile! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:04 pm 
Show Regular

skadanny wrote:
I've never seen the Aquabats, but they're quite legendary and just the overall concept alone is hilarious. Do they still play old songs like "Superad"? Man, that was one of my fave songs for awhile! :lol:

From what I've heard from some friends on the West Coast they play a pretty short set, somewhere around 40 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:00 am 
Show Regular

Check this out: http://www.thehurtincrue.com/Need_Mo_Time.wmv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:35 am 
Ska Queen

I went to see RBF with Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional (strange line up, I know) at Cornell University earlier this year. Sometime in the fall, I don't remember exactly when. The show was like 18 bucks, and it was general admission, so Rosie and I got there like an hour early and we found a spot right up front. But RBF went up first, and there was much moshing, so we ended up a little further back and more to the right of the stage by the time Chris Carrabba came on.

Overall, it kicked ass. I love RBF and Chris Carrabba, and I love Cornell, and I got to hang out with my cool Uncle Shane who drove us, and it was fairly cheap. Plus my mom let me skip work the next day, which was nice.

Oh, so I got recruited to play at some 4th of July party on July 3rd (go figure,) so now I can't go to the Moody Blues gig. Tear. But I have a gig! And people get to hear me! And the other band I'm playing with has a nice PA system, so it's gonna rock. Maybe if I open up my guitar case and put it in front of the deck I'll be playing on, I'll actually have enough money to get to the Aquabats gig the next day.

:wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:02 pm 
Ruder Than You

Aiyana Catori wrote:
I went to see RBF with Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional (strange line up, I know) at Cornell University earlier this year. Sometime in the fall, I don't remember exactly when. The show was like 18 bucks, and it was general admission, so Rosie and I got there like an hour early and we found a spot right up front. But RBF went up first, and there was much moshing, so we ended up a little further back and more to the right of the stage by the time Chris Carrabba came on.

Overall, it kicked ass. I love RBF and Chris Carrabba, and I love Cornell, and I got to hang out with my cool Uncle Shane who drove us, and it was fairly cheap. Plus my mom let me skip work the next day, which was nice.

Oh, so I got recruited to play at some 4th of July party on July 3rd (go figure,) so now I can't go to the Moody Blues gig. Tear. But I have a gig! And people get to hear me! And the other band I'm playing with has a nice PA system, so it's gonna rock. Maybe if I open up my guitar case and put it in front of the deck I'll be playing on, I'll actually have enough money to get to the Aquabats gig the next day.

:wink:

Nobody danced at that show until the very end :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:17 pm 
Checkered Demon

skadanny wrote:

Yes, they do. I saw them last year at the Knitting Factory in NYC. Their set was a little shorter than an hour and cut short by the overwhelming heat at the venue, and the venue not allowing them to encore (they had intended to do "Pizza Day" as the encore. Off the top of my head, they did "Martian Girl", "Cat with Two Heads", "Red Sweater", "Lovers of Loving Love", "Superad", surprisingly enough they did "Hello, Goodnight", "Pool Party" amongst others...

Aiyana Catori wrote:
...and I love Cornell

:D Cornell and I have a love hate relationship, but that's because I go to school there/here (i'm here taking classes over the summer unfortunately).

Ben wrote:
Nobody danced at that show until the very end :(

I don't know about you, but I was dancing the entire set. It was rough though. Practically impossible to keep the circle open...

You should have stayed with me at the show. Somehow, I managed to lose Sam unfortunately, but she was up front hanging out and enjoyed herself all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:36 pm 
Ska Queen

Yeah, I was definately dancing the entire time at that concert. Some guy elbowed me really hard in the ribs though and I had a black and blue mark like ALL over my left side for like 2 weeks after that. It hurt to laugh.

And it was terrible because all my friends are extremely funny and sarcastic people, and we make fun of each other all the time, and we're always laughing at something or the other.

Haha, quite possibly the most painful two weeks in my entire life. Well, at least that I remember..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:58 pm 
Paid Some Dues

For me, one of the funniest things at that show was watching the people who to see just Chris Carrabba. All the emo kids who sit there and just watch and feel depressed getting stuck in the middle of the dancing was amusing as hell. I definitely enjoyed myself at that show, though.