Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: jackie kingstonian bernard fund
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:54 am 
Upstate NY Reggae

This great singer is in terrible shape his dentures were stolen in a hospital stay. pls help him out if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/JACKIE-BERNARD-FUND

''....my good friend Jackie continues deteriorating rapidly we can't do anything: his heath condition report is devastating, not only he doesn't have money for treatment or for adequate food and hygiene, also his denture ( false teeth ) were stolen on his last hospital visit

OK .... I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO PUT THIS ON WRITTEN WORDS and I don't wanna give too many personal detai;s here: I passed by his home to give him something so he can buy some food and basic. I brought with a selection of his KinGstonians songs to have a listen with him.....
BWAY ..... MAN CRY LIKE BABY .... EVERY TUNE let out teardrops after hearing the first intro chords, every sentence of the song brought him to more tears....I had to rush to buy a roll of paper to wipe his eyes and his nose AS HE CAN'T DO FOR HIMSELF ANYMORE

NOW IS ME WHO IS CRYING TEARS WHILE I WRITE THIS AND THINK ABOUT THE TERRIBLE PREDICAMENT jACKIE IS GOING THRU AT THE MOMENT

aNOTHER CORNERSTONE OF JAMAICAN MUSIC ABANDONED IN OBLIVION AND WHO LIKE OTHERS BEFORE DYING ALONE, WITHOUT RESOURCES FOR MEDICINES OR FOOD, AND DEPENDING ON SOMEONE TO BRING HIM SOME FOOD AS HE CANNOT EVEN GO TO THE TOILET BY HIMSELF

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH PEOPLE PASSING BY THIS SITE AND LOVE THE MUSIC OF THIS SMALL ISLAND , TO REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE BEHIND THE SCENES IN VERY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS TO THOSE PLEASANT REGGAE SUMMER FESTIVALS .

MY GOOD FRIEND JACKIE WE LOVE U SO MUCH ''