Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATTN: All Syracuse college students
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:08 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Well, Brian says he doesn't mind us posting details here, so I guess we will. But you'll note it won't appear on the weekly mailing list or on the Syracuse Ska website. There will be no flyers either. It's meant to be primarily word of mouth. :wink:

Sat, Sept 10th -- Syracuse University Ska Party w/ The Benefits (SU ska is back!), Razbari Sumthing (Syracuse skameisters) and The February (SU indie rock) at Brian Leigh's house, 137 Redfield Place (between Lancaster & Maryland, one block off Euclid), 18+ only, no admission charge, music from 7-10pm. Beverages available with donation. The Benefits will have their complete band performing, including the new drummer.

Toga Party to follow at 10pm until whenever.

Call SkaDanny at (315) 863-6013 if you have any additional questions.

See ya there! :roll:

Last edited by skadanny on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:58 pm 
Rude & Reckless

so if its a toga party at 10 i gonna feel dumb showing up in my dinosaur sheet toga for the show at 7?

go go gergie signing off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:38 am 
Syracuse Ska

go go gergie wrote:
so if its a toga party at 10 i gonna feel dumb showing up in my dinosaur sheet toga for the show at 7?

It's not like we won't know why you're dressed that way. :wink:

Honestly, I'm gonna change clothes at 10pm. It's a house, so that's no big deal. I expect some people to leave at 10pm, which is fine. I spoke with Brian and he doesn't care if you come in a toga or not. It's just after 10pm they'll be looking for a bigger donation for those without togas. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:13 am 
Checkered Demon

There's a good chance I'll be at this. I need to talk to my friend Trevor and see if he's down for coming and also see how he feels about staying for the toga party- or heading back to cornell to meet up with friends for parties here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:34 am 
Syracuse Ska

Sounds good. There will be plenty of parties in the neighborhood too, trust me.

I've never done the toga thing before, but what the hell, when in Rome ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:55 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Thanks to everyone that came out last night!!

The February was very good and got a nice reception.

Razbari Sumthing was the most unknown band at this gathering and wasn't at full strength. But they played a very fun set anyway and it seems like most everyone there liked them.

Last but not least, The Benefits rocked the house down. Expectedly, most of the crowd was there to see them and they didn't disappoint. The new drummer seems really good and a nice guy too. Heather apologized for doing it, but did the "Naked Song" anyway, by popular request. They even ended up doing an encore.

It was a very fun time and big props to Brian Leigh for being a most gracious and accomodating host. He's already said he'd love to do this again sometime, so we'll get back to everyone on that. This was definitely a very different crowd than most of you know from other shows. I seemed as well known in this crowd, except I embarrassingly didn't know a lot of the return names. :oops:

Most of those there for the ska party then started leaving, being steadily replaced by the toga party. I went with RazSum to Cosmos where they discovered firsthand what NYC style hoochie wear looks like. LOL.

Anyways, they dropped me back at the toga party that was already in full swing, but I didn't really see anyone I knew besides Brian (who was stuck at the door anyway), so I ended up heading out.

But a very good time. Thanks to everyone!

Profile E-mail