Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 am 
585 Ska

ssabacksdraw wrote:
This has to be a fake account, because if it is not: you I do not like.

Believe it or not, Matt is a real person.

Or an elaborately orchestrated mass hallucination.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:07 pm 
Scene Diety

aka_twitch wrote:
elaborately orchestrated mass hallucination.

now that sounds fun. :wink:

except for your vacant stare

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm 
Rude Jackass

lengthtoavoid wrote:
aka_twitch wrote:
elaborately orchestrated mass hallucination.

now that sounds fun. :wink:

backed

Post subject: Well...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:33 am 
Paid Some Dues

I'm Tom I live in DeWitt, I'm 21 and well...I like going to all sorts of shows not just Ska or anything else in particular. I like taking pictures at shows as a hobby and maybe it'd be cool to eventually do it for money but its a hobby right now. So, no I am not a business, and yes you will probably see me there. I'm also not one of those people who only takes pictures I like getting into the show, enjoying myself etc. There's only so much fun you can have with a camera hanging from your neck.

As far as favorite bands go I am going to say The Flaming Tsunamis mostly because I like hardcore and they had a really interesting sound mixing it up with ska. I haven't had much exposure to Ska though so maybe that'll all change. As far as my favorite show moment ever, thatd have to be my first show at the Westcott probably five or six years ago at least. I believe it was Communist Daycare...hah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:39 am 
Paid Some Dues

1) hello, I'm Alissa. I live in Buffalo. I like ska. :)
2) my friend gave me Catch 22's Keasbey Nights and I absolutly loved it!
3) Razbari Sumthing, Mrs. Skannotto, and pretty much all of the local bands, Streetlight Manifesto, Catch 22 (except I don't like their new CD as much as their older stuff), Big D and the Kids Table, Reel Big Fish, Skankin' Pickle, and soo much more.
4) it's full of genuinely good, nice people! noone (usually) acts like a jerk and everyone (usually) is just there to have fun!
5) most recently (and because it was in Syracuse!) Razbari Sumthing's last show. the giant pillow fight was amazing! as was Raz Sum!

soo, that's my ska info in a nutshell.
I don't get out to Syracuse for shows too often but I had so much fun that I really would like to get to more! if anyone want's to come and pick me up from Buffalo and take me to a show that'd be awesome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:24 pm 
Mrs Skannotto

My name is Timothy Boss. I live in Rochester, NY. By day I am a mild-mannered software engineer. By night (and the occasional weekend) I'm the man behind the drums of <a href="http://www.mrsska.com/">mrs. skannotto</a>.

I was introduced to ska through the bands Reel Big Fish and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I didn't really give ska much of a second thought until I moved to Rochester in July of 2002. That winter I met Justin Lloyd, who told me he was looking to re-form his ska band from college. I agreed, and the rest is history. Since joining I've started listening to more ska, including the Slackers, Less Than Jake, and Catch 22 (and all the local ska bands too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:49 pm 
Paid Some Dues

1) why hellooo! i happen to be bri, and currently live in fabulous baldwinsville
2) i first got into ska in sixth grade, buying my first LTJ cd
3) i dig the likes of the mad caddies, mustard plug, voodoo glow skulls, public access, leftover crack, big d, and a bunch more
4) everyone is really accepting and friendly. you can go to a show, and meet 10 new people, come home, and have myspace friend requests from all, haha
5) my all time favorite memory was rather recent, the less than jake giant circle pit at '06 warped tour. absolutely crazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:20 am 
Syracuse Ska

briiiwtf wrote:
1) why hellooo! i happen to be bri, and currently live in fabulous baldwinsville

Welcome Bri! We've never had a shortage of B'ville people here and it's always nice to have more.

Been to any of the Syracuse shows lately???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:25 am 
Paid Some Dues

skadanny wrote:
briiiwtf wrote:

Welcome Bri! We've never had a shortage of B'ville people here and it's always nice to have more.

Been to any of the Syracuse shows lately???

of course i was there to bid farewell to razsum last friday. a very bittersweet experience, but eh. i'll look for the reunion tour in 2012 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:55 pm 
Paid Some Dues

1) I'm Sarah Grace. I live in Buffalo NY. I'm obnoxious.

2) Ska is still a pretty new thing for me. Alissa got me into it (what a surprise). One day she just said something about ska, and I thought it sounded like an interesting genre of music. So she told me to look up Reel Big Fish and Five Iron Frenzy. I immediately fell in love with ska.

3) Mainly local stuff...

4) Theres so much to like! The music is awesome, skanking is fun, and kids you find at ska shows are so much nicer than people you'd find at shows for any other genre. Like someone could completely destroy you in a pillow fight and then give you a huge hug and let you borrow their pillow cause you lost yours.

5) Being almost the ONLY people at this dumb benefit show that liked ska, which led to skaking with only about four other people. Also my example in question number four.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:57 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Alissa wrote:
I don't get out to Syracuse for shows too often but I had so much fun that I really would like to get to more! if anyone want's to come and pick me up from Buffalo and take me to a show that'd be awesome. :)

I second this!
:D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:37 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Sarah=]Grace wrote:
Alissa wrote:

I second this!
:D

BOSAAA!! Yay! Someone I actually know!

Sarah=]Grace wrote:
5) Being almost the ONLY people at this dumb benefit show that liked ska, which led to skaking with only about four other people.

We were the only one's that liked ska.
Crazy metal heads skanking. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:43 pm 
585 Ska

How old are you two?

Well, I'm sure that a savior's born every fucking day
But they learn not to care before anything is saved

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:52 pm 
Juicy J

I'm gunna guess and say 15 and they just started going to shows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:09 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Yes I'm 15.
I started going to shows last year.
I like music, I like ska, I like the local scene, does it really matter how old I am?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44  Next