Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corn Bred, TONIGHT
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:41 pm 
Ska Queen

Yes, I realize that this is overly short notice, but I thought I'd let y'all know what's up any way. Tonight from 9:30 to 1:30am this kick ass Native American grass-roots/blues band called Corn Bred is going to be playing at the Bella Luna in East Syracuse. It's that old bowling alley that used to be called Astro Lanes.

Rosie and I are heading over there with my dad after Rosie gets out of work at 10:30. I think we're gonna alternately bowl and listen to the band.

I've seen them a couple times before, and I promise you they're AWESOME. I wish they'd played at Blues Fest, because that would have been amazing. Alas, Bernie Clarke and Los Blancos and Bo Diddley and Bobby Rush and other such marvels were perfectly fine in my book.

At any rate, thier harmonica player is simply wonderful, and they all take turns singing, which I think is really cool. They're actually a fairly well known blues band nationally, but they're hanging around Syracuse this summer because they wanted time off and a couple of the guys have family on local reservations. I've been trying to make it out to as many of their shows as I can, so if you ever wanna check them out, I'll hopefully be there.

Y'all should come hang out with me and Rosie tonight and bowl with us. It's gonna be wicked fun.

8) Ooooooh yeah.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:28 pm 
Ska Queen

<3 It was oh so good.

Profile E-mail