Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Stupid Band
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:02 pm 
Ruder Than You

So I'm Tony from the now Fredonia based ska influenced band Endive and I have a brief bone to pick. We have been able to say we are a part of a few diff area scenes or have been from a bunch of areas around Central NY over the years (ie Cortland, Ithaca, Syracuse, etc. One of our biggest growing problems is trying to get back into Syracuse to play. We really do not fit into any particular scene and we are damn proud of it. We are very happy that no one can label us. At the same time, this adds more problems trying to get booked around here. In Syracuse, there are lots of different little "scenes". Our music, and shows particuarliy appeal to people that like to get a little rowdy and have a good time. In all honesty, Danny's shows are really that only types of shows that appeal to us because we "thought" we did not have to be a "scene" band to get a gig here. We have recieved numerous requests to play in the Syracuse area, an have not been able to provide. Anybody else miss seeing my friggin band?!?! Cause we sure F**king miss playing in this city. My apoligies for complaints, but how are we to try and build up more fans in Syracuse when nobody wants to stick their neck out and book a band like us, that while being much different than everyone else, put on a good friggin show, write good music, and know how to have a good time. Anybody with me?

cheers!

-Tony

btw, the newest demo is up at http://www.myspace.com/endive if anybody would liek to hear some new material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:45 pm 
Kingston Beat

I hope you arn't angry or something. It's not as if Syracuse or Danny has anything against Endive. It's that we have a limited number of venues with varying costs. A lot of bands seem to think you can get a show anytime at the Westcott or that if you book a show kids will come. It's really not like that.

So it's good that you posted with a website and links to music to get kids interested. But don't get mad at Syracuse if we can't get you a show right away. If you want to get on a show of Danny's call him, and we'll keep you in mind.

As for other promoters from other scenes check out 315hardcore.com or emocuse.com or syracusepunk.com and see what happens. Keep in mind, it's just a message board, of course people will be assholes but you'll get your advertising done.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:06 pm 
Checkered Demon

You guys are awesome! Go Endive!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:33 am 
Ska Queen

Aww. But I like you guys..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:28 am 
Syracuse Ska

First off, 7 non-local ska bands have specifically been asking to jump on that same Distorted Penguins show. All of them have been quite persistent about asking and so far, I've been non-committal to all of them. We'll probably reach a group consensus on which of them (if any) to add this Sunday.

But regardless, as Johanna pointed out, we have no problem booking Endive sometime, but booking shows for us lately has been tricky. We're still sorting out our venue options and until we do, our flexibility is restricted.

We'll get Endive back in Syracuse, one way or another. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:13 pm 
Ska Queen

skadanny wrote:
We'll get Endive back in Syracuse, one way or another. :wink:

Yay! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:51 pm 
Scene Diety

f*ck old school punk rocks changed

Post subject: BTW, this fall is gonna be cool
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:04 pm 
Ruder Than You

if anyone in here is interested, Endive is writing new material for the fall, and were trying something a little different as far as our sets go. If any Endive fans out there are interested in what we are cooking up, reply to this and I will do my best to give you a little taste on another post on the forum, thanks for listening and as always the support.

-Tony

p.s Steve Parker is a sexy bitch and all females shoudl have sex with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:35 pm 
Ska Queen

::raises hand:: Me please.

chuckytaylor1221 wrote:
p.s Steve Parker is a sexy bitch and all females shoudl have sex with him.

Haha. I laughed a lot when I read that. Steven, darling, you know that I love you, right? :)

Profile E-mail