Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:50 pm 
585 Ska

Hey, the reason why you and I are completely different is because I like everything that is awesome and you like everything that is crap.

Besides, I am better looking, as well as agile, sleek and A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:17 am 
Ska Queen

Mike, sweety, you don't like ANYTHING. You're one of the most stubborn, close-minded people I've ever met. And it's not really that you're close-minded in the bad sense that you might think, it's just that you're not too open to hearing arguments that's actually for something that you're against or don't like. I'm more of the try it once, if I don't like it, then I'll try it again, but after that I just won't bother, kind of person. Unless is comes to food, or jumping off of high places, then I might not try it Ever..

Hehe. Yes, Mike, I must say, you are just oh so pretty. I wish I were as pretty a girl as you.

Haha!
Mike, you know that I adore you, right?
Ahh, good 'ole put down humor, my stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:19 am 
Ska Queen

See it now!
Battle of the Egos!

Mike and Justine go at it!
Two will go in, but only one will come out.
Who will it be?

Tune in Friday, July 29th @ 12:00am EST, 11:00pm CST on the SyracuseSka.com Forum.
This is something you don't want to miss.

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:43 am 
Syracuse Ska

Honestly, I had some original idea of a promotion like that for the last Coffee Pavilion show, because its amazing how many kids will believe that shite and come running to see a supposed knock-down, drag-out fight. :wink:

As it goes, Rich of Syracuse Punk and I used to do "ska vs. punk" shows for the same reason, because the supposed rivalry helped draw attention to the show, even when it was entirely make believe. In fact, we're overdue for that kind of gimmick [hint, hint] ...

It's just like if someone started a thread, "emo sucks" here, we'd probably get a flood of emo kids rushing here to protect their reputation, lol.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..............................

:wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:50 am 
Checkered Demon

Hey, I'll be at this show! I haven't been to a show in a while so yeah. I'm going to be wearing a tie dye shirt. Say hi!...if you want. Can't wait though.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:31 am 
Ska Queen

skadanny wrote:
Honestly, I had some original idea of a promotion like that for the last Coffee Pavilion show, because its amazing how many kids will believe that shite and come running to see a supposed knock-down, drag-out fight. :wink:

Hehe. Aiyana Catori vs. BRE. Fun stuff.

But yeah, "_________ vs. ________" shows. Sounds fun. Let's do it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:03 am 
Paid Some Dues

if it sells tickets i say do it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:59 am 
Scene Diety

how about boris karlof vs. rasbari sumthing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:30 pm 
Paid Some Dues

boris karlof verse razbari sumthing would be awsome. Both bands are awsome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:47 pm 
585 Ska

Aiyana Catori wrote:
Mike, sweety, you don't like ANYTHING. You're one of the most stubborn, close-minded people I've ever met. And it's not really that you're close-minded in the bad sense that you might think, it's just that you're not too open to hearing arguments that's actually for something that you're against or don't like. I'm more of the try it once, if I don't like it, then I'll try it again, but after that I just won't bother, kind of person. Unless is comes to food, or jumping off of high places, then I might not try it Ever..

Hehe. Yes, Mike, I must say, you are just oh so pretty. I wish I were as pretty a girl as you.

Haha!
Mike, you know that I adore you, right?
Ahh, good 'ole put down humor, my stuff.

You have no idea how true some of that is. But I dunno, I think youare leaving somewhat of a negative impression on some of these poor souls that post here. I'm close minded because I'm arrogant, but that is all just a joke. I really am open to a lot of things. I really do enjoy a lot of things, one of which happens to be pretending to hate a lot of things.

P.S. To those of who you haven't met me, I really am lots of fun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:45 am 
Checkered Demon

Okay. Anyways the show went very well. I had a ton of fun. It was basicly my first Syracuse ska show and I loved it. I think that venue was perfect for the size of the crowd, the energy level, and everything else. The crowd was even good too! Good stuff in general. Thanks for the good time!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:37 pm 
Ska Queen

Mike wrote:
I think youare leaving somewhat of a negative impression on some of these poor souls that post here.

Oh you don't need my comments to do that for you, darling.
:wink:

But, yeah, kick ass show last night guys. Magic Goat: yummmm. 33 West was AMAZING. I think they were my favorite band of the night. Not to mention I think their bassist is one of the few guys I ever actually find attractive. I Voted For Kodos was a lot of fun. I stood in the hall right outside the room for a lot of their set though, because it was a lot cooler out there. Then, for everyone who stayed out for The Verbs, thank you. I slept through most of the set on a couch in the back because I was exhausted, but what I remember hearing was good.

Dennys after was fun as always. And that random Argentian guy who came out with Drew's dad was awesome. I talked to him a bit and it was cool. I wish I could have spent more time with him to ask him about his life back home and how it's different from here..

The UCF Underground is an awesome venue. I really really REALLY like it. If we can, Danny, I think we should use it more. The turnout was great, and I'm sure that once people start to talk about it and learn where the place is, we can get even more kids out.

Alright, it's time for lunch now.
Toodles.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:57 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Yeah, the show went really well on nearly every possible level and I want to thank everyone that made it that way ...

UCF for hosting us. That one wall got scuffed up quite a bit, which we painted over that same night. There are dents in the wall too, but maybe we can spackle those another day? The UCF staffer there really enjoyed the event and she's in favor of doing more, but it won't be up to her to decide. I strongly suspect the pastor (who is out of town this week) will be the one to ultimately decide (just like the Westcott exec director decides who uses the Westcott). Keep your fingers crossed!

Magic Goat for starting the show off right. Very, very good job guys!!!

33 West for a very solid, entertaining set. I missed much of it out in the hallway, but I could clearly hear the music and it sounded very good. Plus, I noticed later that kids were skanking a lot to them, which is usually a good sign.

IVFK was extremely entertaining as always. But wow, how differently this set felt than the coffeehouse last time. Especially once we got most of the lights off, it felt more like a club atmosphere, which Coffee Pavilion just won't be like, ever. It was extremely sweaty in the basement, no question, but that is a common summer problem at clubs too (and the Westcott, unfortunately). If we go back there, they'll supply us box fans (the woman from the church felt badly she didn't have any for us last night). Just more air circulation alone would probably be a huge help.

The Verbs rounded out the evening nicely, even if the song "no one has ever heard us play before" sounded rather familiar. I also suspect they'll be really happy to play first next time too. :wink:

And thanks as always to Johanna for working the door magic and Justine for helping out as well. But most especially, thanks to everyone that came out last night and made it a fun time. :D

Good job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:29 am 
Paid Some Dues

Indeed, the show was awesome.
UCF was great, I really liked the feeling of the place. All in all, I had a wonderful time. Everyone just better apparently stay out of Truxton, it's a scary, scary place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:43 pm 
Ruder Than You

Aiyana Catori wrote:
skadanny wrote:

Hehe. Aiyana Catori vs. BRE. Fun stuff.

But yeah, "_________ vs. ________" shows. Sounds fun. Let's do it.

we should make it more like a royal rumble, with several groups, cuz if it were bill reilly vs. aiyana catori, bill reilly would win, simply because we have...up to 7 people (though we are hardly ever present in full force) and sadly, there is only one justine. but if it were...say...magic goat vs. the verbs vs. bill reilly vs. aiyana catori vs. um, anyone else, it would be way sweet. i think that's a good idea! we should have all the local bands play at one show! the syracuse ska battle royale! intriguing

"Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next