Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:04 am 
Slum Lord

How about something whe nwinte break starts for us college students. (Dec. 10th for OCC I don't know about everywhere else). Since we'll have less to do during break there should be some sort of show. Thinkin' ahead:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:11 am 
Checkered Demon

The thing about that is once a lot of us are on break, we go home.

Cornell's finals end December 16th and I'm pretty sure my last final is the 15th at 9AM, which means by 5PM on the 15th, I'll be back in NYC.

The last day of classes here is on December 2nd and then Finals start on December 8th. (We have that weird study break thing) So if something were going on during those days, I probably could go. But after finals start, I'm pretty much confined to Ithaca and after finals end, I'm pretty much rushing home to see my friends and family as soon as I can.

I know my freshman year, there were two shows during my spring break. The Toasters the first weekend and the Slackers the following. I was really frustrated that I missed those shows, but I obviously couldn't be there since I was in Daytona.

My point? I don't know. I lost it somewhere up there^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:43 am 
Ska Queen

AskTheMagic8Ball wrote:
Actually, myself, karen, maybe mel, and justine are all going to be at the show i posted or are toying with it.

Yes! I WILL be there! And I can't wait either. We're actually going to find a hotel/campground to stay at today. Woohoo!

One question though: I was looking at the Bedouin Soundclash site, and the last date they have listed for their tour with SM is on that Saturday in Sayerville, NJ. I'm cool with only SM, ASOB, and Whole Wheat Bread being there, but, honestly, it really is Bedouin Soundclash that is my preferred band of that group.

Anybody know what's up with this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:45 am 
Ska Queen

AskTheMagic8Ball wrote:
The last day of classes here is on December 2nd and then Finals start on December 8th. (We have that weird study break thing)

Wow. That's actually something about Cornell I didn't know..
Cool.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:08 pm 
585 Ska

AskTheMagic8Ball wrote:
Actually, myself, karen, maybe mel, and justine are all going to be at the show i posted or are toying with it. But yeah, i think the only person that wasn't quite viewing the reply as harsh was me...

Something to be aware of - tone and context are missing when it's posted on a public forum.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:57 pm 
Rude & Reckless

Mike wrote:

It is not okay to say gay but being a complete asshole is acceptable?

Well I guess if we are going to use gay in a derogatory manner, we should probably just start using other words in the same way. Like "black" can mean stupid, "handicapped" can mean childish and irrelevant, and "woman" can just be a generally angry name to call somebody, similar to "complete f*ck piece of shit."

In that case Mike, you're black, your argument is handicapped, and you are everything I thought a woman could be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:00 pm 
Rude & Reckless

Also, Johanna...this may be the *cough cough* weekend of the Hobo Slobo release party *cough cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:06 pm 
The Secret Ions

Hobo Slobo Release Party!?!?!?!?!?

I just darn near splooged on my keyboard!

"I think basically the Grateful Dead is not for cranking out rock and roll, it's not for going out and doing concerts or any of that stuff, I think it's to get high...To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe...[not] unconscious or zonked out, I'm talking about being fully conscious...the Grateful Dead should be sponsored by the government or something. It should be a public service, you know, and they should set us up to play at places that need to get high."-Jerry Garcia, 1972

I see the light come shining, from the west down to the east.
Any day now, any day now, I shall be released.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:33 pm 
Syracuse Ska

BTW, I'm talking to the agent for Bedouin Soundclash about a possible show in Syracuse ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:08 am 
Checkered Demon

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Bedouin=Type Awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:03 am 
Ska Queen

skadanny wrote:
BTW, I'm talking to the agent for Bedouin Soundclash about a possible show in Syracuse ...

Ha. Johnny is trying to convince me to go with him to tour with them. Hahaha. I wish.

Also, if you get them here, you will be my best friend forever. Jay is my hero. He rocks.

Profile E-mail